Three Rivers Park District is a “Special Park District” that was established by the State legislature. The mission is “TO PROMOTE ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP THROUGH RECREATION AND EDUCATION IN A NATURAL RESOURCE BASED PARK SYSTEM”
Three Rivers is one of 10 Metro Regional Park Districts and manages over 27,000 acres of park land and over 200 miles of trails. There are Park Reserves and Special Feature Parks, beaches and filtered swim ponds, Nature Centers; Winter Recreation opportunities that includes downhill and cross country skiing, tubing, snowboarding; camping grounds; golf (championship, junior, disc); arts; history; botanical; agriculture; off leash dog parks; mountain biking; horseback trails; archery and more. THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE, EVERY AGE, EVERY INTEREST AND EVERY ABILITY.
Join me as I share with you some of the project that I have been involved with while apart of Three Rivers Park District:
HIGHLIGHTS IN DIST. 2
- Eastman Nature Center – new and updated facility with expanded environmental education opportunities and space for the public to enjoy the beauty of the park and a trail head for several trails. (to open in mid-September 2012).
- Rush Creek Trail update from Elm Creek to Coon Rapids Dam (formerly known as North Hennepin Regional Trail).
- Rush Creek Trail development plan that, when completed, will connect Elm Creek to Crow Hassan Park.
- Elm Creek Play Structure- new in 2011 located near picnic area and swim pond.
- Elm Creek 18 hole disc golf course.
- Fish Lake fenced off-leash dog park.
- Elm Creek Single Track single track mountain bike trail.
HIGHLIGHTS DISTRICT WIDE
- Silverwood Park – St. Anthony is a special use park that focuses on Art and the Environment, crafts and enjoyment of nature.
- Gale Woods – Minnetrista is a working farm focused on teaching all ages about sustainable agriculture practices including gardening, crafts and caring for livestock.
- Eagle Lake Regional Park and Golf Center in Maple Grove/Plymouth provides a youth golf experience with First Tee support and a golf opportunity for a variety of skill levels as well as a mini-golf experience.
“Paid for by Marilynn Corcoran for Election”